1. While holding the crucifix, make the Sign of the Cross. Then recite the Apostles’ Creed.
2. Pray one “Our Father” on the first large bead.
3. Pray three “Hail Mary”s for an increase of faith, hope, and charity – one on each of the three small beads.
4. Pray one “Glory Be” on the next large bead.
5. Recall the first Rosary mystery and pray one “Our Father” on the large bead.
6. On each of the adjacent ten small beads (also referred to as a “decade”) pray one “Hail Mary” while reflecting on the mystery.
7. In the space between the last small bead and the next large bead, pray one “Glory Be” and the Fatima Prayer “O my Jesus”.
8. Each succeeding decade is prayed in a similar manner by recalling the appropriate mystery, praying one “Our Father”, ten “Hail Mary”s while reflecting on the mystery, and one “Glory Be” and the Fatima prayer “O my Jesus”.
9. When the fifth mystery is completed, on the centerpiece, pray the “Hail Holy Queen”.
10. The Rosary is customarily concluded with the Prayer after the Rosary “O God” and the Sign of the Cross. It also recommended to pray one “Our Father”, one “Hail Mary” and one “Glory Be” for the intentions of the Pope, prayers for the faithful departed, and prayers to one’s Guardian Angel and patron Saints before the final Sign of the Cross.